🎇Art, dance, music and film
● Black Box Improv Theater, 518 E. Third St.: The Black Box will reopen with its first show on Friday October 1st. Two shows are offered at 8 p.m. and 9 p.m. Tickets are now available on the Black Box website of the improvisation theater. A vaccination card is required for all guests and performers upon admission. Masks are also compulsory in the theater.
● The Contemporary Dayton, 25 W. Fourth St.: The Contemporary Dayton will be three installations by Dayton-based artist Mychaelyn Michalec (“From A Basement On A Hill”), New Jersey-based artist Nina Chanel Abney, and Brooklyn-based artist Artist show artist Sara Cwynar. There will also be a special live “Artist Talk” with Michalec on Friday. The exhibitions are open from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
● Dayton Art Institute, 456 Belmonte Park N .: The special exhibition “Photography Through Time” is open until 5 pm. This exhibition shows photography in its various forms. The exhibition shows examples of daguerreotype, cyanotype, albumin, silver gelatin, chromogen, gravure and inkjet photographs.
● Dayton Performing Arts Alliance – Dayton Philharmonic: At 8 pm there will be a concert of “Beethoven’s Eroica: A Salute to Heroes” by the Dayton Philharmonic Orchestra in the Schuster Center. The works of Austin Jaquith, Mendelssohn and Beethoven. The show will greet the heroes of the pandemic – the first responders, the medical staff, the delivery drivers “and all those whose jobs suddenly presented a greater risk” – with works by Austin Jaquith, Mendelssohn and Beethoven.
● Dayton Society of Artists, 48 High St.: The gallery is open on Fridays from 12:00 PM to 9:00 PM.
● Dublin Pub, 300 Wayne Ave .: The pub at 300 Wayne Ave. offers live music as part of its Irish First Fridays series. Happy hour takes place from 3:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. and there is also seating on the extended terrace.
● Edward A. Dixon Gallery, 131 N. Ludlow St. Lobby: Edward A. Dixon will be open until 6:00 PM during the First Friday event. Visitors can purchase the gallery online by visiting shop.eadgallery.com.
● First Friday on Front Street, 1001 E. Second St.: Visitors can enjoy an evening at First Friday Art Hop, featuring more than 40 art studios and galleries across campus, live music from The Flashback Band, and dinner from Rolling Oasis. The event will also include an opening reception for “Between Realms” by artist Chip Williamson from 5pm to 9pm in Building 100, CD Hall.
● iMadeThis DIY Art Studio, 411 E. Fifth St.: iMadeThis offers hundreds of do-it-yourself activities for adults and children. The studio is open on Friday until 9 p.m.
● K-12 Gallery and TEJAS, 341 S. Jefferson St.: This Friday the K-12 and TEJAS exhibition “Artists in House” will open with a variety of works from the K-12 Gallery and TEJAS teachers, staff and interns. Guests will particularly enjoy the Scarecrow Market, Hot Glass Pumpkins, and Rock on Ice’s professional pumpkin carving demonstration. Tickets are $ 20 per person.
● The Neon Cinema, 130 E. Fifth St.: Guests can enjoy the independent arts theater in downtown Dayton at 130 E. Fifth St., as well as beer and cocktail specials on First Friday.
● Picture Perfect Paint Partys, 123 N. Ludlow St.: Take-Home Paint Party Kits will be available for purchase, half price.
● Skeleton Dust Records, 133 E. Third St .: At Skeleton, customers will find a variety of rock, punk, metal, R&B, hip hop, blues, jazz, electronic, experimental, reggae and world music in vinyl, CD and Cassette shape dust records. The shop is open until 6 p.m.
● Toxic Brew Company, 431 E. Fifth St.: Stop by Toxic Brew Company for a pint of local brew and enjoy a new art exhibit from local artist Dylan Sage.
● Out on Fifth, Oregon District, Fifth Street: Fifth Street will be closed to vehicle traffic to accommodate live musicians, street performers, restaurants and bars with extended terraces, and the Designated Outdoor Refreshment Area (DORA) in the Oregon District.
● Wiley’s Comedy Club, 101 Pine St.: The Comedy Club is hosting a special event with Heywood Banks, a “songwriter-comic-singer-poet-musician” who is equal parts “genius and buffoon”. The show starts at 8 p.m. and tickets are only available online or by calling (937)224-JOKE.
● Yellow Cab Tavern Art Gallery, 700 E. Fourth St.: The Yellow Cab Gallery will again host a monthly residency with local artists. The gallery’s opening party will be on Friday from 5pm to 8pm with a special concert with Gulliver’s Traveling Medicine Show. The concert starts at 9:00 p.m. Tickets are $ 7 in advance and $ 10 at the box office.
DiscoverFun Fall Farce: 5 Reasons to See ‘Lend Me a Tenor’ in Wright State
🎇Food and drinks
● Bozack’s Cocktail Lounge, 142 E. Third St: This urban, upscale cocktail lounge is open on Fridays and serves delicious drinks with live music.
● Choice Juice Boxx, S. St. Clair St. 31: They host a Juice Happy Hour on Friday with a free wellness shot that is available until supplies are used up. Choice Juice Boxx offers healthy and naturally alkaline juices and drinks that promote a healthy lifestyle.
● Jollity, 127 E. Third St .: From the Labor Day weekend, the Saturday brunch starts at Jollity from 10:00 am to 1:45 pm.
● Local Cantina, 501 E. First St.: The restaurant offers Mustache Ride margaritas for $ 5 and pints on tap for $ 3 from 3:00 pm to 6:00 pm
● Lily’s Dayton, 329 E. Fifth St.: Open for dinner, delivery by 937Delivers or to take away. Lily’s Dayton serves local food and handmade tiki or traditional cocktails.
● Mudlick Tap House, 135 E. Second St.: The Mudlick Tap House is hosting Happiness Hours from 4pm to 6pm with $ 2 off glasses of wine, $ 6 cocktail feature, $ 2 off draft beer and half on shareables .
● Oregon Express, 336 E. Fifth St.: Oregon Express has a happy hour from 5:00 pm to 8:00 pm with offers and music from the Linda Prevo Band. Takeaway, takeaway and roadside pickup available.
● Salar Restaurant and Lounge, 400 E. Fifth St.: Happy Hour in the Salar takes place from 4:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. with cocktail specials, USD 5 house wine, USD 1 discount on all beers and bar snack specials. Available to eat or take away.
● Salt Block Biscuit Company, 115 E. Third St.: Salt Block has extended dinner hours, with a special dinner menu for home dining or your favorite take away at Levitt Lawn. Find specials listed here on the Salt Block Facebook page or order for pickup on their website.
● Third Perk Coffeehouse and Wine Bar, 146 E. Third St.: On Friday evenings, cigars, cocktails and The Patio are in Third Perk from 7:00 p.m. to midnight. Enjoy your favorite coffee drinks or cocktail specialties at the bar with service.
● Troll Pub Dayton, 216 Wayne Ave .: Every Friday the Troll Pub is part of the WTF Happy Hours: Wednesday, Thursday and Friday from 4:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. with pints and starters at half price, Fireball shots for 4 USD and Wheatly Vodka Specials for USD 4.
● Table 33 Dayton, 130 W. Second St .: Fridays are wine nights at Table 33, with wine pairings for $ 3.33 with each main course.
● Tram stop, 530 E. Fifth St.: Customers can enjoy half of the happy hour!
● Two Social Dayton, 123 E. Third St .: From drinking to playing (and, well, drinking games), Two Social is the ideal hangout for meeting new people, making friends and having a wonderful time in Dayton. In downtown Dayton, guests will find ax throwing, video games, bocce ball, and more. Reserve your ax throwing lane on their website.
● Winans Chocolates and Coffee, 221 N. Patterson Blvd: Enjoy a first Friday at Winans with a special offer of $ 15 wine flights and a free piece of chocolate with the purchase of a latte. Open until 9:30 p.m.
● Yellow Cab Tavern, 700 E. Fourth St.: Come to the Yellow Cab Tavern for Pizza Bandit, Drinks and Special Guest I Heart Ice Cream from 5:00 pm to 9:00 pm
Discover5 Miami Valley Events Worth Attending This Weekend
🎇Special shopping and activities
● Choice Juice Boxx and Varsity House Galerie, 31 S. St. Clair St .: Visit the store for a fresh juice or smoothie, or check out the offerings at Varsity House, which showcases local artists and manufacturers .
● Connect E-Sports, 212 Wayne Ave .: Visit Connect E-Sports Games at the Wheelhouse to play your favorite console or computer games in online tournaments or with your friends. Every new account with Connect E-Sports receives a free hour of play on the first Friday.
● Grace Lane Boutique, 133 E. Fourth St.: Visit this boutique for the latest in ethical fashion brands.
● Vidia’s Closet, St. Clair St. 27: Vidia’s Closet is offering a First Friday Sale with 25% off all in-store inventory and a free bottle of wine with all purchases over $ 100.